Updates long overdue

Hey everyone,

I’ve finally managed to schedule in some time to update the blog. Unlike previous blog updates (which were little more than changes to the front-end template), I’ve decided to start from scratch and transfer the content to this new incarnation. This was necessary as the old site had some obsolete, modified code that was causing problems throughout the entire site. Given these bugs, I figured it was time to start fresh. I’ve also been optimizing the website to render well on mobile platforms, like the iPhone and iPad. There’s still much work to be done, but the site’s in good enough shape that I feel comfortable publishing the changes.

In making these changes, I’ve implemented a new section that’s near and dear to me: the Portfolio section. Most of the pictures I’ve uploaded here have been shown via other platforms (like Facebook and Twitter), but I’ve decided to consolidate them onto my site for two reasons: 1) I don’t like the intellectual property policies of Facebook and 2) Fotomoto.com.

Fotomoto.com is a website that allows artists to upload their works and they will do everything, from printing to delivery of your images. If you have a set of photographs or images you’re proud of and would like someone to distribute them, Fotomoto’s the way to go. And no, I’m not being paid by them to say this.

In other news, I’ve updated the Beyond the Surface page to take into the account the latest videos made for the Microsoft Research Summit that took place in July 2010. The next phase now is to come up with some useful test cases and validate these designs. After which, we will go through another round of paper writing. Also, I’ve begun a new personal project called Project Jupiter. The details on Project Jupiter are pretty scarce, for the moment. Once I progress further with it, I’ll be sure to update the page.

Enjoy!

Leave a Reply